Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 1

So today is Day 1 of my 21 day habit-forming adventure. I have to say, it has gone well. I ate things I wanted like frozen yogurt and macaroni and cheese...and still managed to only consume about 1250 calories today! But this is NOT going to turn in to an online food journal or calorie report...I promise!!! I don't this blog to be about that. That would be boring!!!
Instead, I want to provoke and encourage!!! One thing that I find thought-provoking is our society's concept of goals and dreams. I wonder...why is it that when you are little, every single dream is encouraged, no matter how far-fetched it may seem, but when the time comes when you actually begin to pursue goals, suddenly society decides you are being unrealistic??? This is especially true in career choice. Practicality and "safe" options are the ones encouraged...but what is the cost?? It seems to be a lifetime of unhappiness. I think as we grow older, we don't feel like we are allowed to believe in ourselves as much anymore, and thinking outside the box is rewarded with ridicule instead of support.
But you know what?? I still believe that we can be anything that we want to be. That we can do anything that we want to do. I genuinely feel in my heart that with some hard work and faith and with God on our side, no goal is unreachable. Whatever your goals are, whether they be to lose weight, become a recording artist, run a marathon, start your own company, or change the world, I think you should go for it. Chase after them with every ounce of energy you have!! I believe in you!!!! Do you believe in yourself???

No comments:

Post a Comment